Happy Holidays!

Oh my! Its been 3 weeks since my initial blog! It has been super busy at work! Finding that balance in life can be so difficult. I haven't seen many of my good friends in quite a while now! I miss them and commit to changing this in the new year!!  It just seems as though the months fly by... whoever said the older you get, the quicker time passes was not kidding!!
  However, it does seem as though everything is on fast mode... I suppose globalization and technology has contributed.. But I can recall the times when businesses closed on Sundays and it served as a reprieve...a time to breathe, catch up and prepare for the new week at work or school. It was a chance to spend time with family and maybe even go to the park and play some ball, go ice skating, build a snowman (I was raised in New York) or just have some fun! I don't want to speak for all....maybe you have the ideal situation in your life but my experience and my observations tell me different.

Fast forward to the present...The frenzy around this time of year can create chaos. It seems there is no longer time to think, refresh, and replenish! The stores open at 4 am and close at midnight.  People sit in lines for hours and hours to buy that "special" item.  This madness is reinforced by the media and the consumerism we have come to develop in this society. But what happens when there are no resources to fill this  "need"?? When the ideal Holiday scene simply cannot be... a reality for many particularly during these difficult economic times! Goodness knows I have seen my share these past few weeks!!  I have been blessed to have helped make a difference in the lives of others who struggle so hard to make ends meet and those who have no ends to meet! We have attempted to brighten their lives with our services,and  by instilling hope, and providing holiday gifts  we gathered through our holiday drive!

Truth be told, the Holidays have historically created angst for most in this country. We spend time analyzing whether or not we accomplished our goals for 2009 and wonder what we will accomplish in the year to come. A myriad of feelings arise depending on that analysis and the negative feelings can creep in and can cloud the true meaning of the season! Think about it.. Can we change anything that happened? Not really.  But we CAN extract the lessons, make necesary adjustments and move forward. Yes.. we can!  Allow me to share....
I have empty nested this past year and the adjustment has been great!  It's funny though. My thought was that I would feel so relieved and in a way I am! I am satisfied that my children have moved on and are making their own life choices and are doing well.. But it can get lonely too...This will be the first Christmas that I will not have them all at home to celebrate together!! For a Puerto Rican family, that is not natural! :)  I have taken time to do my own analysis and I can say that I have processed it and concluded that the challenges of this year for me including health challenges, moving, new beginings, and more have served to only make me stronger, better, and grateful...for life, for health,  for friends, for family, and for love!

 I suggest we change how we do things for next year! Infuse positivity into our lives...practice giving and raising consciousness to the needs of others and when thinking about 2010, keep your mind on the journey with your eyes on the vision! Creating that balance. But not forgetting to live in the moment.. in the now. Keep your eyes open, smile and be as happy as possible. Set goals that are doable taking into consideration the dedication and time required to make it happen and then MAKE IT HAPPEN!  The sky is the limit when you are passionate about something! Round up a good support system and go for it!!

May your Holidays be filled with much health, love, and happy surprises!!
See  you in 2010!

Felicidades !!

Evelyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's in it for ME? Let it go....

On Being Authentic....

hey you....